Car Donation Virginia
Steps to Donating a Car in Virginia
Donating your car to Goodwill in Virginia is one of the simplest and most meaningful ways you can change the life of a fellow community member who is in need.
For nearly a hundred years, Goodwill has accepted donations from people like you in order to strengthen neighborhoods and families, giving them a hand up, rather than a handout. By putting your vehicle to better use, you are assuring that vital community-based programs, employment placement services and job training programs continue, allowing those who rely on them to survive.
In donating your used or unwanted vehicle, you have the opportunity to directly impact someone’s future. A donation to GWcars.org provides others a tremendous opportunity, but there is a benefit to you as well. Whether your unused car is sitting forgotten in the yard or you’re simply in the market for a new vehicle, a donation makes all the difference when you give to Goodwill, so just follow these easy steps, and your tax receipt will be on its way:
In just FIVE simple steps, your vehicle can be on its way to helping those in need:
- Submit an online form or call us at (866) 233-8586.
- We’ll contact you within one business day to arrange for the pick-up of your vehicle, at no cost to you.
- When your vehicle is collected, we’ll have a receipt for you on the spot.
- Your vehicle will be sent to a public auto auction, with all proceeds going towards supporting Goodwill’s mission-focused programs.
- Once your vehicle is sold, all the documentation you need for tax purposes will be sent to you.
The process of donating your vehicle to the Goodwill is short and sweet, but making the decision to donate may be more complicated for you. There are some factors you might consider before moving forward, and hopefully these answers will help you to make your decision:
Be ready with this information before making a life-changing call to Goodwill:
- Where the car is located
- Year, make and model
- Contact information: full name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address
Goodwill accepts vehicles in most conditions. Whether in good working order or unmoved moved for years, your car donation can help others. Plus, Goodwill will remove your car free of charge!
You’ve decided to buy a new car, but don’t know what to do with your old car? Here are your options:
- Sell your car to a private party – spending time and money on repairs, advertising, and transferring the title.
- Keep the car as an extra vehicle, paying to maintain upkeep and insurance.
- Donate your car to charity, help those in need and receive a tax write-off.
All that’s needed to donate is a clear title and keys, but if either has been misplaced, Goodwill may be able to help, and still accept your donation. Getting a duplicate title is very easy to do, and the title clerks at Goodwill can help with this.
Before Goodwill arrives to collect your car, remember to remove the license plates, any valuables, documents and personal belongings. Don’t forget to keep the car’s tires on the vehicle for easy towing.
Goodwill accepts cars, trucks, vans, motorcycles, RVs and boats on trailers, as well as many more types of vehicles!
Donating your vehicle to Goodwill makes a difference to those who are in need, and means a potentially significant tax write-off for you as well.
For more information, give us a call at (866) 233-8586.