When you donate your vehicle to Goodwill, we will arrange to have the vehicle picked up a soon as possible from wherever it is located. However, there may be times when it is not possible for Goodwill to collect your vehicle donation from the side of the road, especially if it breaks down after hours. Therefore, it is a good idea to subscribe to some type of roadside assistance program. Here is some information about some roadside assistance plans:
You can buy one of three plans from AAA:
- Basic Plan: $69 – Includes towing to AAA facility or destination within 3 miles, jump starting, tire change, fuel delivery (customer pays for fuel), locksmith services up to $50, stuck vehicle assistance, and reimbursements for several incidents such as trip interruption, legal defense and crime prevention
- Plus: $114 – Includes the same services as Basic but with a tow range of up to 100 miles, higher allowance for reimbursements and free travel maps and travel guides.
- Premier: $137 – Is the same as the Plus service but allows one tow of up to 200 miles, higher allowances for certain reimbursements and free passport photos.
OnStar is a service that needs to be installed in the vehicle and includes automatic crash response, emergence services, hands-free calling, Bluetooth, stolen vehicle assistance, roadside assistance and turn-by turn navigation. Pricing starts at $18.95 per month but you can save by ordering 1, 2, or 3 years of service for $199, $359 or $499 respectively.
By joining Allstate’s Motor Club, you can enjoy several different services, including roadside assistance. Membership plans are as follows:
- Roadside Advantage: $52 per year and includes towing service, tire change service, fuel delivery and lockout service up to $100 or at no charge to designated service facilities along with trip interruption reimbursements.
- Deluxe Plan: $108 per year and includes all the same services as the Roadside Advantage plan but with higher allowances for services.
As you can see, there are some great options available for roadside service. Or, if you are not ready to purchase a plan, you can take a few preventative measures and prepare your car for the winter.