Making a car donation to Goodwill is a great way to help out your community by supporting a charity that provides job training and employment assistance to some of the most vulnerable members of the community. But there are also a number of other benefits to donating your car, such as getting rid of an unwanted car and turning over a new leaf in your life by using a bike for transportation instead of purchasing a new car. If you’re still not sure you want to give up your car for a bike, consider the benefits to riding a bike in Washington DC:
- Save Money – Once you buy a bike, there are very few maintenance expenses and NO fuel cost! Even when bikes do require major repairs, most of the time they can be done quickly and for under $100.
- Save Time – Have you ever noticed bikes cruising past cars stuck in DC traffic during rush hour? Most people live less than 5 miles from the place they work, meaning their bike ride would only take about 30 minutes. During rush hour traffic, this may even faster than driving!
- Get in Shape Without Going to the Gym – Why waste time at the gym when you can get your workout finished during your commute? You can save yourself a lot of time by making your commute your workout for the day.
- Reduce Pollution – “Going Green” is popular these days and you can help do your part to reduce pollution by riding a bike instead of driving.
- Ideal Parking Spots – Every time you ride your bike somewhere, chances are your will find a place to park your bike that is much closer than where you could park your car.
Aside from these reasons, donating your car is also a great thing you can do to help others in your community. The proceeds from car donations go towards providing job training and employment assistance to people who face barriers to employment.
To learn more about donating your car to Goodwill and the car donation process, check out our frequently asked questions.