Donating your vehicle to charity is a great way to help people who face disabilities and other barriers to employment. Several charities, including Goodwill Industries, have programs to help people with disabilities become self-sufficient through gainful employment. For example, Goodwill offers a variety of job training programs which help people learn the skills they will need to be successful in the job market. Goodwill also offers supported employment programs where people who have disabilities can gain job experience while also receiving training and support from Goodwill. For more information about Goodwill Industries, click here.
How Your Vehicle Donation Can Help
Many charities that help people with disabilities and other disadvantages receive some funding from vehicle donation programs. When you donate your vehicle to these charities, the vehicle will be sold and the proceeds will be used to support the charity’s job training and employment programs. Some charities may also use donated cars to help teach people how to work on cars so they can find jobs fixing cars. Since donating your car is such as simple and easy process, charities are able to generate a great deal of revenue through vehicle donation programs.
How Vehicle Donation Works
The vehicle donation process is very similar to the donation process many charities use for their thrift stores. When people donate their used clothing, furniture and other household goods to a charity, the charity sells the items in their stores. Then, the charities use the money they make from the thrift stores to support their programs. Vehicle donation programs raise money for charity through a similar process. When you donate your car to charity, the charity sells the car and uses the money to support their programs.
The vehicle donation process usually occurs through the following steps:
- The donor calls the charity or submits their information online.
- The charity arranges to have the vehicle picked free of charge to the donor.
- The vehicle is sold in an auto auction and the proceeds go the charity to support their programs.
- The donor receives the paperwork and is able to take a tax deduction for their vehicle donation.
Important Information for Donors
In order to make the vehicle donation process go as smooth as possible, there are a few things you should keep in mind when you donate your car to charity.
- You should receive a receipt from the charity when the vehicle is picked up. This receipt is important because it is proof that the donor is no longer responsible for the car.
- Make sure the charity you donate your car to is approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) to ensure that you are able to take a deduction for your donation.
- It is a good idea to keep all the documentation you receive during the vehicle donation process to avoid being held responsible for the vehicle in the future.
So help your local community and donate your vehicle today!
|How Your Vehicle Donation Can Help|