Benefits of Donating a Used Car to Charity
Donate A Used Car
So you think you want to donate a used car? Catch yourself wondering about what’s in it for you if you take the plunge? Don’t worry, that’s natural. The following are just a few of the many benefits to you when you donate a used car.
Benefits To Donate A Used Car
- Well, first and foremost you’ll feel great about yourself when you donate a used car! Donating a car to a worthy charity is one of the most selfless things you can do. If you’re going to get rid of the car anyways, why not help others less fortunate in the process and donate a used car?
- To donate a used car is a super quick and painless process. All it requires is a short and simple phone call to a charity and they do the rest – from picking up your vehicle to mailing you the exact paperwork you’ll need to get the most out of your tax break.
- To donate a used car is much easier than trying to negotiate with a dealer for a trade-in value. Between haggling about the curb appeal of the car, the book value, the mileage, and a myriad of other factors, doing a trade-in can be quite the drawn-out procedure.
- When you donate a used car you can steer clear of all the headaches associated with trying to sell a car yourself. No need to spend time and money on advertising. No worries about trying to schedule people to see your car and take it for a test drive. No uncertainties wondering if these potential customers are serious buyers or just wasting your time.
- To donate a used car is easier and cheaper than trying to fix a car needing constant or expensive repairs. Many charities with car donation programs will take cars in almost any condition when you donate a used car. Stop spending dollar after dollar on car repairs when you could be using that money for something with a better return on investment and donate a used car.
- Free towing when you donate a used car. Charities will send out a tow truck to pick up your vehicle from the location you specify, normally between 24-72 hours of talking with them when you donate a used car. You don’t have to worry about the hassle of getting the vehicle to the charity when you donate a used car.
- Did I mention the tax benefits? The IRS allows you to claim a tax deduction of either: the value of your vehicle up to $500 or the amount that the charity sells your vehicle for at auction if it is more than $500. Have a chat with your tax consultant – they can advise you on exactly how much to claim.
Well there you have it! From the major tax breaks to free towing to the awesome feeling donating a car provides — these are just a few of the many great benefits to you when you donate a used car.
Donate A Used Car Today